This is where I do most of my sewing - in the hot-pink seat. After a marathon sewing weekend, this Monday - Stretch Yourself and try Chair Yoga!
Chair Yoga can reduce your stress, improve flexibility and refresh your mind.
- Begin sitting tall, hands on thighs.
- Inhale: tilt pelvis back and bring belly to back of your spine.
- Exhale: curve spine toward the back of the chair forward, drop your shoulders, with your chest facing up.
- Inhale: round shoulders and look down toward your lap.
- Exhale: return to sitting tall.
If the only exercise you get while sewing is walking back and forth from your sewing machine to the ironing board, it might be a good idea to incorporate Chair Yoga into your sewing routine.
What exercise or stretching tips can you share?